Take your Notion databases to the next level with the Notion Formulas Course. Learn the basics of formulas, error messages, converting property types, and more.
Are you looking to take your Notion databases to the next level? Then look no further than the Notion Formulas course. This comprehensive course will help both beginners and novices learn how to use formulas in Notion's formula language and how it can communicate with other database properties.
The Notion formula property is an advanced feature requiring knowledge of basic database or spreadsheet formulas. However, this property will be manageable once you understand the core logic behind formulas.
The course covers the importance of learning formulas in Notion for creating complex systems efficiently, creating templates for clients, and personalizing habit trackers, goal progress dashboards, and budget planners. Filters and templates can only go so far, but formulas can take your Notion databases to the next level.
Red Gregory, will guide you through lessons on understanding formula logic, resolving errors, and how different properties interact. The course also covers the order of operations needed to string together large formulas.
The course uses practical database examples and verbal/written breakdowns to guide you through lessons and utilizes simple page designs and short lessons to pace you through the course. Additionally, the course describes practical use cases for formulas that can be applied immediately.
Fundamentals of Notion Formulas
Lesson 1: Introduction
- What is a formula property?
- Introduction to if statements
- When to use a formula
Lesson 2: And/Or Statements
- Find true conditions
- Nested functions
Lesson 3: If() Else Statements
- If statement syntax
- If statement types
- Using multiple if statements
Review 3.5: If Statement Logic
- If statement as true condition
Lesson 4: Order of Operations
- (Numbers) Return time of day
- (Dates) Create deadline alert
Lesson 5: Common Error Messages
Lesson 6: Convert Property Types
- Why convert property types
- Convert number to string
- Convert string to number
Lesson 7: Formatting Dates
- Convert date to string
Getting Started with Notion Formulas
Lesson 8: Rounding Numbers
- Sum of true checkboxes in habit tracker
- Round to nearest decimal
Lesson 9: Add and Subtract Dates
- Spaced repetition table
- Add dates with time
Lesson 10: Time Elapsed
- Time elapsed in timesheet
- Convert time elapsed to string
Lesson 11: Deadline Formula
- Identify dates in relation to today
- This week
- In (x) Days
Lesson 12: Formulas & Grouping
- Analyze performance with groups
- Formulas and filters
Lesson 13: Remove and Replace
- Remove characters
- Isolate letters
- Isolate numbers
- Remove multiple characters
- Remove special characters
Lesson 14: Counting tags
- Count number of tags/relations
Lesson 15: Progress Bar
- Slice function
- Progress bar for word count goal
Lesson 16: Formulas and Relations
- Relations in bookshelf database
- Relation vs Select properties
- Rollup formulas from related database
Lesson 17: Formulas and Rollups
- Rollup types and calculations
- Numerical rollups and formulas
So what are you waiting for? Unlock the power of advanced databases and up your Notion skills with the Notion Formulas course.